Friday, April 4, 2008

Frenchie, baby!


My mom gave this to me/little AG when I was still pregnant. I have played it for her every night since she started sleeping in her crib at 5 weeks old, and I love it. It is divided into sections, 0-6 months, 6-12 months, and so on, so that you can slowly build the comprehension level! Being that I speak some French, I can attest to the fact that this CD was very well thought out in terms of comparison of difficult sounds, things that sound alike but may be different (like the English, their or they're), etc. Even hubby, who speaks no French at all (except for bonjour, merci, and deux personnnes, non fumer) hums the songs and has learned the sounds. It also comes with a book that gives the French and English for each track, as well as a pronunciation guide, so that you can figure out what the heck is going on.

Baby's First Steps in French is available at LanguageQuest for $16.95.

No comments: