Friday, October 17, 2008

Paris, Je t'aime

For some reason I just can't focus today. I feel like I have a million things to do and just no immediate drive to do them. When I was doing the morning rounds of the internet this morning, one of the blogs I love had a slideshow of some pictures of Paris, and it just made me want to be there instead of here. I don't have dreams of being a rockstar or a celebrity, just of moving with my family to Paris and living a happy little life working and living in the city I love.



For the record, I would be just as happy moving to my other favorite city in the entire world, Nice, on the French Riviera (so I guess my title should be "Paris et Nice, Je vous aime"). People there are so nice and laid back, and I could sit forever on the rocky beaches and listen to the water crash onto land. Plus our all-time favorite restaurant is there. And, of course, I would love the opportunity to actually speak French on a daily basis.


But hey, a girl can dream right? One day...

8 comments:

Mommy In Pink said...

I would love to visit France! It looks so beautiful! I have tried for years to learn the language. I hope I can one day visit! Just to let you know I added your giveaway button to my blog! Take care!

Unknown said...

Paris is one of my favorite cities too! I have never been to Nice.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

one of my dreams is to go to france and see the countryside and pretend to speak french. he he he. someday, i'll make it there...gotta get these kiddos grown a little first.

Sarah said...

France...one of those places I need to get Nick onto a plane to get to see...I really gotta work on that!

Maude Lynn said...

Of course, a girl can dream! How else can we get through the laundry?

Meaghan said...

I started a website called www.getthebean.com. We sell coffee, teas, syrups and much more!

To launch our website we are giving away one bag of coffee (or tea if you don't like coffee) every Friday for the Month of October. To enter please visit www.getthebean.blogspot.com

I am very proud that we are also doing fund raising for various cancer charities. To see how you could win $$ for a year to donate to the Cancer Charity of your choice please visit www.gtbfightcancer.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend:

Meg

Idaho Jill said...

We have been to Paris & Nice, too, and loved it. My DH lived in France for 6 months as a teenager. Can't wait to be able to take DD there, too.

Kristin said...

I've been dying to get a glimpse at your pictures from this summer! I love the one with you in it!

I've been to Paris, Paris California. ROFL