Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Easy Being Green!


While I was in NYC this weekend for the Hot Blogger Calendar Shoot, I managed to get in a little shopping (I'm sure you're totally not surprised). I did go to some stores for me, but I of course had to stop off at this little place you may have heard of -- FAO Schwarz -- to look around for a little gift for my sweet little girl!

When I was there, I found these rather awesome toys made entirely from recycled milk containers -- they are called Green Toys. They are completely BPA and Phthalate free, and they are adorable! Even the packaging is "green" and I love that! Little AG is just getting to the stage where she wants to be like mommy, so she can play for a good 30 minutes with a bowl and a whisk. Really, these toys are perfect for the age she is now, and I get the feeling they will hold up for "pretend" play for years to come.


We love the Tea Set, and it's perfect for Little AG because she can serve "tea" to all of her stuffed friends! My other favorite is definitely the cookware set -- good for boys and girls alike! What about you -- what is your favorite toy from Green Toys?

You don't have to live in NYC to enjoy these awesome toys! They are available nationwide in Toys R Us and Whole Foods stores as well as some other smaller boutiques! I think these would make a great Christmas gift, plus it gives you the opportunity to teach your kids about being responsible consumers!

PS -- Wanna win one? Green Toys is giving away one of their fantastic Tea Sets in conjunction with the release of the 2008 Holiday Gift Guide here on Chic Shopper Chick. Stay tuned for details on how you can win one during the month of November!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! OMG... even though I have boys, William loves pretending we're having tea. Oh, I wish we lived closer!! Imagine the kids all playing together??
xo,
Audrey

jenny said...

i will be keeping my eye out on this its to cute

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I have been wanting to get this for Stella, to add to her cooking stuff :-)

Melissa said...

Wow, that's COOL! I too have boys so I probably won't be buying a set anytime soon.. But I'll surely keep this product in mind when shopping for the little girls in my family!

Manager Mom said...

Those toys look awesome.

Nicole Feliciano said...

I love their toys. I'll be back to try and win. And if you need a little pick-me-up. I have a JUST FOR MOM contest running.

Check it out:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/10/pretty-printing-notepad-contest.html