Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav Update


Thanks everyone so much for your thoughts and prayers. We did choose to evacuate our home and area to get away from Hurricane Gustav. Here is a run-down:

We left on Saturday at 2 pm. After running errands (and returning back home to grab my wedding dress) we finally got on the road around 4 pm.

We didn't hit any traffic -- we took back roads and made it to my dad's house around 10:30 pm Saturday night with 3 cats, 2 dogs, and a very impatient and exhausted 18 month old. :)

We have been sitting here, watching the news, trying to stay optimistic. As long as a tree didn't fall on our house, we should be fine. Apart from having to clean out our refrigerator and deal with disgusting melted ice cream and chicken juice, that is. Yech.

The power company is saying that we are scheduled to get power back on September 6th. SEPTEMBER 6th? I guess it's better than the 3 weeks we were out of power after Katrina. We shall see, hopefully it will be done before then.

So, sorry the updates have been sparse, but hopefully it will pick up soon. I know I need to announce some winners, and I have a bunch of contests I will be running soon, so please come back.

In other news:

GOSSIP GIRL RESUMES TONIGHT! Can you tell I'm excited? I have been waiting for this all month! Whoop! Don't call me at 8 pm -- I'll be in front of the TV, watching Chuck and Blaire duke it out -- and seeing if Serena and Dan get back together. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Thank you for all of your votes, I made it into the Hot Blogger Calendar for 2009. Thank you to everyone who has visited my site, and to all who voted. I am so excited to have the opportunity to go to NYC! Now, if anyone out there wants to sponsor my trip, I've got 2 weeks to make it happen, lol.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, first off I am so happy to hear you are safe and sound and that your house should be in perfect order once the power comes back on!!

Second...September 6th...wow that sucks.

Third, YAY to being a hot blogger!! How exciting that you made it!

Aggie said...

I'm glad you and your family are safe. I hope it continues.

I hope also you get electricity WAY BEFORE Sept. 6!!!

Belinda said...

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe, I hope your trees are all still standing . . .
And congrats on making the Hot Blogger calendar:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are safe and congratulations on making it into the calender!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that was me above :-)

AV Flox said...

Congratulations on the hot blogger calendar, Chic! Be safe and come home soon!

Jeff, Lauren, Graham & Miles said...

YAY!!! So glad that you made it into the calendar!! :) Also glad that the storm wasn't as predicted!
Sept 6 -- I'm impressed!! Cleco must have hired more people!! We were out 5 weeks after K. And I don't envy you for the chicken juice & melted ice cream that are awaiting you.

Sky said...

I'm glad you all are safe!

Hopefully power will be restored before you know it!

Idaho Jill said...

So glad you are safe. I too hope you get power before Saturday. Sorry you will have to deal with your fridge & freezer when you get back home...but Congrats on making the calendar!

Blessings From Above said...

Congrats on making it into the Hot Blogger Calendar!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear your safe.

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I'm glad to hear you are safe! I can't imagine having to EVER deal with a hurricane. The worst we have here is a tornado threat no and again.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

glad to gear you are safe! and congrats on winning a spot on the calendar! I might come meet you in person when you come to NY :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get power back soon! And congrats on making the Calendar. You were up there on the votes, weren't you?! :)

grannyvon said...

Great news on everything!
As for sponser to NYC I guess you will have to sign up for cash sweepstakes like the rest of us. I haven't won anything but still hoping!

Kristin said...

Erica you and that Gossip Girl. I swear that's all I've been hearing on Twitter!

Oh and yes glad you are all safe and sound! Smooches