Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth


I have fantastic memories of going to the circus as a child. I can remember crunching over peanut shells as we walked to our seats, and the wonderful smells of cotton candy and popcorn filling the air. I remember being so excited when the lights finally came up and the show started -- it felt like it took forever in my little world! You know, it always seemed my parents were just as excited about the circus as I was. I'm sure it was more excitement about my excitement, but just feeling the happiness from them and the energy in the air made my circus experience feel so special. I treasure those memories more than I can say.

Apparently I'm not the only one with great childhood memories like those. The circus has had such an influence on us as Moms, in fact, that in a recent Mom Central survey, 88% of Moms regard it as a "not to be missed" childhood experience. To help start the family traditions early, the Baby’s First Circus program allows babies can receive a free ticket voucher that can be exchanged for a free ticket to any Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey performance, anytime, anywhere. No expiration date!

As Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey embark on their fall touring schedule, they want to offer you a 20% discount code for Ringling Bros. Circus. Please spread the code around to any of your family and friends who may live in the cities below: (Code: MCC)

Indianapolis, IN - Sept. 4-7, 2008
Kansas City, MO - Sept. 10-14, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI - Sept. 18-21, 2008
Denver, CO - Oct. 2-13, 2008
Boston, MA – Oct. 8-13, 2008
Cleveland, OH - Oct. 24 - Nov. 2
Chicago, IL - Nov. 6 - 30, 2008
St. Louis, MO - Nov. 6-9, 2008
Auburn Hills, MI - Nov. 12 - 16, 2008
Highland Heights, KY - Feb 27 - Mar. 1, 2009
Cincinnati, OH - Mar. 4 - 8, 2008

Tell me about your childhood memories of the circus. Is it something you are looking forward to sharing with your children?

1 comment:

Sky said...

What fun!! I went to the circus only a few times as a child. I'm terribly allergic to horses and hay. I loved every minute, but usually my eyes would swell shut! There hasn't been a circus around here for a while, but it would be fun to take the kids!