Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Remember Me?


On our last day in Washington DC two weeks ago, hubby had a day full of meetings and a desperate need for the rental car. We jointly decided that Little AG and I would take the hotel shuttle down to M Street in Georgetown for the day and spend it walking around. After about 4 hours of cruising one of my favorite places in the world, she conked out in the stroller. When I walked into Anthropologie and the worker at the door commented on Little AG being "out" I swung the stroller right around and dashed over to Barnes and Nobles. I was exhausted after 4 hours of walking and just wanted to sit down and relax for a while. I took the elevator up to the 2nd floor and found the little cafe. I ordered myself a Chai Tea Frappuccuino and a sugar cookie and settled into a little corner with a book by one of my favorite ever authors, Sophie Kinsella.

Sophie Kinsella is the author who has written my favorite all-time series, Confessions of a Shopaholic. At that point I had read every book that she had ever written, with the exception of her most recent book, titled Remember Me? I was thrilled to have a few moments during Little AG's nap time to get a sneak preview of this book. In short, Remember Me? is the story of Lexi Smart, who, at 25, is a frizzy haired girl with bad teeth. She has a boyfriend called "Loser Dave" who has just stood her up, has fallen a week short of getting a bonus at work, and her father has just passed away. In all honesty, things are looking pretty bleak.

Attempting to hail a cab in the rain, Lexi slips in the street, and as she falls she blacks out. The next thing she knows, she wakes up in the hospital. Everything seems normal for about 30 minutes. Then, she realizes her nails are perfectly manicured, her hair is neat, not frizzy, with chic highlights, and her teeth are perfect and gleaming white. Her body is tanned and toned, and she is utterly confused. What happened?

Turns out Lexi has been in a car accident and the last thing she remembers is 3 years ago. On the outside, the life that she can't remember seems perfect -- she is married to a gorgeous developer, she is the boss at her company, and drives a Mercedes Convertible. But then a handsome architect shows up and throws a wrench in her perfect life when he reveals that he was Lexi's lover. What happened to her in 3 years to bring about this life?

I laughed and smiled my way through this entire book. The people in Barnes and Noble were probably laughing at me as I read this book because I was so animated. My only complaint about it was that I read it in two sittings -- I couldn't put it down and it left me wanting more. If you are looking for a fun read for the summer, then this is it. I'm sure you will enjoy learning about the forgotten life of Lexi Smart as much as I did.

I highly encourage you to consider grabbing a copy of "Remember Me?" -- you'll be glad you did! You can purchase it on Amazon.com for $16.50.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! Such a great read!
I just saw the comment on my About Audrey page...
OK.
$50 Manolos...
Super Saturday event in the Hamptons
The last Saturday in July.
It is a huge and amazing fundraiser for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Super Saturday is a designer garage sale... designers sell their stuff for huge discounts.
Last year my mother bought 4 pairs of Manolos for $200. Honest. $200.
Unreal right?

Sarah said...

Of course you love the shopoholic books! They are some of my fav's! I also loved her "can you keep a secret!" I need to pick up remember me ASAP!